Labels

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Homemade Cloth Wipe Solutions!

This is actually one of my favorite things to share because it has done SO much for us. My daughter used to get rashes and irritations a lot. I talked to the doctors and nurses about them and they didn't really have any answers. They were not caused by anything that they knew of, they were just there. I had tried using Destin, A&D, Butt Paste and other diaper cremes, but it didn't make the rashes or irritations better or go away. Finally over time, they started getting worse when I would use a cream. So I switched to using olive oil. The olive oil would make the rashes and irritations go away, but then they would come back. One nurse mentioned to me about using cloth wipes and making my own Wipe Solution.
She told me that she had seen a lot of babies irritated by the store bought disposable wipes and she had seen success with the home made wipes and solution. Around this same time, lots of friends were asking me about cloth wipes and why I didn't use them. I shared that story in the previous blog, but basically I thought store bought disposable wipes were easier. I was wrong. So saying all this, I made my homemade wipes and went in search for the perfect wipe solution that I would use.

 I use some of the solution in a to-go wipes carrier with ready made wet wipes for when we are out of the house .I put the majority of the solution in a bottle to use while at home. I spray the wipes or the baby, depends on how dirty the baby is.

This solution is absolutely amazing. My daughter has not gotten another rash, irritation, or yeast infection since using this. Not only do I use it with the cloth wipes to keep rashes, irritations, and infections gone. I use it on wash cloths for runny noses too. I will explain. *smile* Here is the solution we use:

2 cups of Water
1/8 cup Olive Oil
5 drops of Tea Tree Oil
5 drops of Lavender Oil

~ Water is basically the base of the solution. 
~ Olive oil helps spread the other oils throughout the batch. Also olive oil contains valuable vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants which are amazing for your babies skin. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer for your skin too. *smile* I love olive oil. We use it for lots of things. Personally, we use Extra Virgin Olive Oil to get as many of those valuable properties it holds as we can.
~ Tea Tree Oil is one of a few of my favorite oils. It is potent and powerful stuff, therefore you need very little to do a lot. Tea Tree Oil is a natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral. WARNING: Never consume/ingest Tea Tree Oil.
~ Lavender Oil is another of my favorite oils. It is a natural disinfectant. It also has many other great properties and can be used in many ways.

For these reasons you can probably figure out why I love our wipe solution so much. It is just that awesome. *smile*

Here is a website that gives at least 20 other wipe solutions. Hope you enjoy!
  • http://www.zany-zebra.com/cloth-wipe-solution.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment

"So speak and so do as being about to be judged by the law of liberty. For judgement will be without mercy to the one not doing mercy, and mercy exalts over judgement." James 2:12-13